Get weekly updates on remote jobs, while we do comprehensive research on companies.
  1. 3

Wow, you seem awesome!! It's great to learn about your journey. I'm not new to the remote world (7 years now) but I'm super new to the growth marketing world. I'm loving it so far! Looking forward to learning whatever I can from you. Cheers!!

1. 2

PS - I just connected with you on LinkedIn and Twitter!

1. 1

It's great to connect with you here. I'd love to connect you with Angela Howard, seems like you 2 would have lots to connect on. Lmk if you think a connection would be valuable.

Check her out here.

1. 2

Upvoted!! I love that you doubled the time you spend with your partner! Good luck on product hunt!!

1. 1

Thank you! It really did. It made me really question what I was doing and prioritise things properly. 

The main gains were from quitting a job where I traveled a lot (after suddenly realising how many hours I was working and traveling) and actually doing things together instead of going to her house and doing separate things, as well as making more visits. 

We've moved in together now so the time has more than doubled again since I started tracking too! The doubling of our time together happened across one year

1. 1

Super cool! I can't wait to check this out. Can I use it on my phone? Or does it work best on laptop? How do I get it?

1. 1

Only on the chrome browser right now I'm afraid. 

You can install it here: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/compairbnb/ldbgleeobagfhpcdkhicceblllpanifg

1. 4

I look forward to supporting you in your Product Hunt Launch, and learning from your journey!! Thank you for sharing with us!! 

Also where can I follow you on Twitter?!

1. 3

Thank you @sammigeraciyee-1516! I'm @officialtaras on Twitter :) 

1. 3

I've been waiting for more convienient features like these on AirBnB!!! I'm one of those nomads without an actual home, and I'm so flexible when it comes location and dates that sometimes it's hard to narrow down my search. So I'm excited to check out these new flexible features and find my next remote work location. 

1. 4

Hi, I'm Rick - I've been a developer for 20 years! 100% remote for 8 of those.
                I'm currently working on creating some new tools to improve remote work.

1. 1

Welcome Rick!!! Excited to hear what type of tools for remote work you are creating. Where can I learn more?!

1. 2

That's amazing Sammi! Loved reading your story ✨

I am Yash. A Digital Marketing Freelancer.

I like to help businesses get more Sales and create greater Impact using Digital Marketing. 

Glad to come across you 😀

You can check my Website

1. 1

Amazing! It's great to connect with you here. Let's connect on LinkedIn!!

1. 1

Hi Siobhan,

My team and I at Centered would love to learn more about being part of your Summit! We are the #1 Flowstate app that combines productivty with midnfulness and music, and we are ideal for the Digital Nomad as we provide a platform for people to virtually connect to the energy of others flowing and working around them!! Perhaps we can discuss a possible sponsorship/collaboration with you. We would love to offer your attendess a special way to experience us. You can reach me at [email protected], or tell me what's the best way to reach you! I look forward to connecting with you!!

You can learn more about us at centered.app.

1. 2

Great story! I enjoyed reading it!

1. 1

Thanks Cathy!! Appreciate you!!

1. 3

Amazing, Sammi. So inspiring! 🤩

1. 2

Thank you so much!! I have a lot of fire fueling me and many beautiful energies surrounding me. I am grateful!!

1. 4

Interesting article!! Do you think that people are getting more done and are being more productive working from home so they then have the afternoon to run errands and pick up kids from school?

1. 2

Yes, I think remote work has given people more flexibility in their daily lives. People can now do their chores and run errands which were not possible earlier in a fixed 9-5 schedule.

In terms of productivity, multiple reports say that productivity has increased while working remotely but I doubt that it would be the reason to run errands in the afternoon.

I believe it is more about remote workers maintaining a balance between their work and personal lives, while being able to provide great work outcomes.

1. 2

Interesting.  I notice my virtual coworking afternoon session from 1:00 - 2:30 is really popular. I think many of my clients like that time so that they get a bunch done before heading out to pick-up kids and run errands.  And some are aiming to finish their day at that time as well because they have gained a few extra hours each day by no longer commuting (we are still in lockdown here in Calgary AB) .

Either way, large studies indicate an increase in productivity for those who have autonomy about where and when they work.  I see anecdotal evidence of that with my client base too.

I personally love the flexibility to work from home, or while travelling. Hopefully someday in the near future, I can actually leave the house! ;)

1. 4

Hey Everyone! I'm an opera singer turned wellness guru (all things nutrition, yoga, and sound healing) that's now forging a mindful path with the #1 Flowstate app, Centered! I came to the tech start up world via my network marketing business with Arbonne, a holistic wellness company, which I've been building for the past 7 years. I help people to get healthy and happy through our wellness products. Unlike what I thought I knew about "one of those companies," Arbonne has truly been a game changer for me and I am so grateful that I decided to do something that so many were against. And now it has led me to the tech start up world working with Centered as a Growth Strategist!! I'm currently based out of Long Beach, NY, spend my winters in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico, and now looking for my next remote WFH destination. I'm so grateful to be here!!

1. 3

Hey Sammi, it was nice reading about your journey 😃. Happy to have you here!

1. 3

Thanks so much Ashley! It's great to connect with you. Looking forward to chatting with you more about all the things, and noodles of coure. ;-)

2. 2

Hey Sammi - I'm just finishing up working from Cozumel. Love to hear your next stop. I'm currently reseraching Turks and Caicos, Bonaire and maybe the Caymans (scuba diving required!). Love to hear your criteria for choosing...besides good wifi! :) 

1. 1

Hey Heather, I'm all about the scuba diving too and I can speak on the beauty of Bonaire, hands down the best scuba I've down. Although I do hear amazing things about Turks and Caicos. At the moment, I'm up in NY for the sping and summer softball seasons with a short trip out to the west coast in May and then again in July. I'm looking for somewhere exotic for the fall and great scuba diving would be a total plus. I also love taking advantage of the value of the American dollar and making it stretch far. Let's connect, perhaps we can arrange a fun buddy dive trip. 

1. 1

Just got a notice of cheap flights to the Caribbean from Scott's Cheap Flights. Gonna try and score trips to Turks and Caicos, Belize and Bonaire. Then BACK to Utila off the coast of Honduras. 

I'll let you know my dates and where I (hopefully) find a hostel or cheap lodging...

2. 2

Hey Sammi, welcome again :)

You've a truly inspiring journey -- look forward to chatting more on the Clan!

1. 4

Hi All - I was excited to find this community!  I am a productivity trainer and coach, working for over 30 years with more than ten thousand clients. As an introvert and not super technical person I love working from home but I didn't enjoy Zoom or other platforms until Covid when I learned to embrace it. 

During the early days of the pandemic my clients asked for help to disperse their teams but still maintain productivity, so I started "study halls" for remote workers - basically, a  hosted virtual coworking schedule.  The idea took off quickly, so I launched it as a new business in January. 

Now I facilitate 10 - 15 Focus Bubbles per week with a growing community of lovely people including gig workers, employees, business owners and grad students. There are even a few Retiree's who attend to give their day structure. 

I am interested in this community to keep an eye on trends for remote workers and tools to support my clients.  

I am located in Calgary, Canada.  

1. 2

Hi Dawn!! It's great to connect with you here. Since you are looking to keep an eye out on tools to support your clients, if I sent you an invite to my company, Centered's Beta launch, would you be down to join us for it? We are currently looking for productivity coaches to partner with us!! Shall we connect on LinkedIn... https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthageraciyee/

1. 2

Hi - I sent a LI connection.  Chat soon 😀 -Dawn

2. 1

Hey Dawn, nice to have you here! I checked out Focus Bubbles & it looks amazing. Totally love the concept. Would love to hear more about your journey -- how you built it, your challenges & if there's anything the community could help with :)

1. 1

Thanks!  I just got off a call with Coworkies in Europe and suggested their founder check you out, so you should have a new joiner soon. 

Let me know how I can best contribute to this community.  

Thanks!

-Dawn

1. 3

I was so happy to recieve you email this morning about WFH destinations. Ironically, I was looking at my options last night. I'm considering Costa Rica, Buenos Aries, and adding DR to the list. Ideally I'm looking for something in between PST and EST time zones, the US dollar gets me very far, it's accessbile to NY (5 hour plane ride at the most), and there's a community that I can plug into. Open to hear any and all suggesstions!!!

1. 1

That's really cool Sammi. How long are you planning to stay there?

You'll also find this post helpful - you can add any specific questions you may have on the same thread.

1. 1

Thank you! I will check this out. I'm planning for 2 to 3 months in the fall, September to November!

1. 2

LinkedIn as it's a great place to establish authentic conversations!!

1. 1

Cool! How do you create those conversations?

1. 2

I make an intentional effort to get to know the people in my network. One of my favorite things to do is to connect people to what they are looking for, so I do some preliminary research by reading their profile etc, and then reach out with a voice memo saying how excited I am to connect with them! That usually starts the conversation off in a beautiful way!!

1. 1

I do the same with Twitter. DMs are invaluable.